World-class speaker line-up announced for AI Expo Africa 2020
The AI Media Group – organisers of Africa’s largest trade-focused artificial intelligence (AI), robotic process automation (RPA) and data science gathering, AI Expo Africa – has announced the first tranche of speakers for AI Expo Africa 2020.
Nick Bradshaw, the co-founder of AI Media Group, stated, “We are really proud of the initial world-class line up that includes a great mix of global thought leaders, large enterprise suppliers and buyers, as well as SMEs and new exciting startups that are seeking to showcase their technology and services at the event.”
“As per our previous events we want to offer delegates a broad range of speakers that are firmly planted in the real-world deployment of Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) technologies and on the cutting edge of innovation, ethics, innovation, change management, business and social good use cases,” added Bradshaw.
The AI Expo Africa 2020 speaker line-up is led by Kay Firth-Butterfield, Head of AI and Machine Learning at the World Economic Forum; Neil Sahota, IBM Master Inventor, UN AI expert and lecturer at the University of California, and Fred Werner, Head of Strategic Engagement at the International Telecommunication Union.
Roy Bannister, the co-founder of AI Media Group, stated, “It’s great to welcome global thought leaders like Kay Firth-Butterfield who heads up AI at the World Economic Forum, Fred Werner from the ITU who is pioneering the global AI for Good movement and Neil Sahota who is a globally acknowledged proponent of using new technology in a responsible and ethical manner.”
“We also welcome the larger regional enterprise vendors like SAP, Microsoft, UiPath, Oracle and PWC into the mix as well as enterprise consumers of 4IR technology like Vodacom, Standard Bank, ABSA, and Allan Gray. Their case studies will be greatly welcomed by our delegates who are seeking to hear about how these technologies can be deployed,” added Bannister.
Enterprise speakers at AI Expo Africa 2020 include:
- Rudeon Snell, Senior Director Enterprise Solutions EMEA, SAP
- Ati Ngubevana, Group Executive HoD – Digital Progress Re-engineering, Vodacom
- Lenore Kerrigan, Country Director, UiPath
- Thavash Govender, Data and AI Specialist Lead, Microsoft
- Andre Blaauw, Associate Director, PwC SA
- Yauvan Hansraj, Cognitive Services Lead: AWS platform AI, Standard Bank
- Ronnie Toerien, HCM Development & Strategy Leader Africa, Oracle
- Daniel Wertheimer, Data Scientist, Absa
- Ronald Du Toit, Data Scientist, Allan Gray
- Phumza Dyani, CMO, Broadband Infraco
- Lebogang Martins, Smart building IoT Project Manager, IoTnxt
SME and startup speakers include:
- John Kamara, Founder, Afyarekod
- Takalani Madzhadzhi CEO, Ashanti AI
- Gregg Barrett, CEO, Cirrus AI
- Isaac Matsa, Country Sales Manager, DataProphet
- Antoine Paillusseau, Co-founder and CEO, FinChatBot
- Johan Steyn, Senior Manager, IQ Business
- Nella Oluoch, GM, Nakala Analytics
- Rudradeb Mitra, Founder, Omdena
- Jamie Peers, Business Development Director, Synatic
- Shaun Moore, CEO, Trueface
Bradshaw concluded, “It’s great to also see the growth in SME and startup vendors attending this year that are continuing to drive innovation in our region. We have some exciting new companies and products being introduced or launched at AI Expo Africa 2020 both from the Africa region and the wider global 4IR community.
“As we have moved AI Expo Africa 2020 online, it now makes it easier for other African startups and innovators to join our event as well as new companies seeking a market in the region from Europe, the America’s, Middles East and Asia to find new customers and distribution partners. It is going to be a regionally more inclusive event this year and we can’t wait to welcome our speakers, sponsors, vendors and delegates to the event.”
About AI Expo Africa 2020
Produced by the AI Media Group and with 3000+ community members, AI Expo Africa is now entering its third successful year and is the largest B2B trade-focused Artificial Intelligence, RPA & Data Science business conference in Africa. The 2020 edition of AI Expo Africa will run online on 3-4 September 2020 and builds upon the phenomenal success of the 2018 and 2019 events that cemented it as the largest gathering of its kind, with over 1000 registered delegates, decision-makers, investors, buyers, suppliers, innovators, SMBs and global brands in the region. Those looking to attend the conference can save up to 30% on a super early bird ticket NOW by accessing our sale that ends on 30 June.